Monday, June 30, 2008

day 1


L.A. traffic is a s bad as they say






view from our seat in restaraunt







We had a really great time on our get away last week. Day 1 was spent mostly traveling. We had a big delay in LAX, did not see Britney or Posh, but lots of interesting people. When we arrived in San Fran we had to take the BART (underground railway) into the city. Our hotel was great (forgot to take pics), very Victorian and fancified. Then, we took the bus to Pier 39. Pier 39 is a big tourist trap, but I had been once 15 years ago and wanted to see it again. It is where you get one of the best views of Alcatraz and the sea lions. We ate at an awesome crab restaurant and then had to go shopping for a jacket for Ben. Weather.com was accurate, it was cold, the entire time. After dinner, we took a bus to Coit Tower to overlook the city.

3 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Looks like a lot a fun so far!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

I like the picture of you and ben! Looks like someday, I will have to get Bryan to take me!

Mrs. Jenk said...

I can't wait to see more- I hope you loved it!