Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pumpkin Patch field trip

This month, we went on our first field trip for the school year with RRHOME, our home school group.  We ventured to Elgin Christmas Tree Farms on a Monday morning.  We spent the morning decorating pumpkins, a hayride, petting baby animals, running through mazes, creating scarecrows and playing with friends.
The gym recently hired two new instructors that gave me the freedom and peace of mind (along with Ben's new pay raise) to give up classes and be able to secure a substitute when opportunities such as these arise.  I am so grateful for the job I had the past three years, but I am even more grateful that I get to focus on the most important role God has given me in raising and teaching our children.  We have been able to get all of our school work done by Thursday afternoon piano lessons for the past two weeks, which has given us off all day on Fridays to attend co-op and rest before our weekends.  The first time that has happened since August.

No comments: