Wednesday, January 29, 2014

another marathoner

So, apparently we have two marathoners in our family.  On Monday night, LE asked me for a new book.  I told her about the box car series, (reading level 3.2) which was my favorite as an elementary student.  We laid on my bed, after about twenty minutes, she was professing her love for the new book and it was the "best book ever."  The next morning, I heard her alarm go off at 7 a.m. and she was up reading again.  Around noon, she came into ask if we had the 2nd in series, she was finished with the first book.  Unfortunately, I don't have the 2nd, but what about reading another one of my favorites, Sideways Stories from Wayside School.(reading level 4.9)  After school she began reading the book and at 10pm last night she came in my room asking if I would lay down with her.  I asked her why she was still up??!?  "Because the book was so good, I couldn't stop reading it".  Two chapter books in 36 hours, my friends.  Today's choice, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle (RL3).

No comments: