Tuesday, January 28, 2014

a Richards runner?!?!?

Over the weekend, the girls and I participated in the Key to Free 1K and 5K.  I have been sick since Christmas with allergies and vertigo so my running schedule has been off.  I still finished pretty good especially since the race was in the dark.  I finished under 32 minutes, not sure of my exact time, but the BIG news was Boo.  My girl is a runner, and apparently a pretty good one.  She placed 4th overall and placed 1st among the girls.  LE did not finish the race b/c she got a cramp in her side and it scared her.  She came walking up almost in tears a few minutes into the race.  After a really good start her side started hurting and since she has never ran before wasn't sure what it was or what to do.  At that point, we had no idea what to expect for Boo.  I figured she got scared when she didn't see LE and was probably walking, so imagine our surprise when she finished with the leaders.  So proud of both my girls for trying something new, and in the dark and cold of January.

1 comment:

Erica Wagner said...

YAY Bella! That's amazing! And sorry Landry got a side stitch. That stinks. Drink plenty of water next time to help with that pesky cramp!