Monday, September 17, 2012

disappointed

We have been looking for a house for years, yes years.  We have been renting since 2007, yep five years of living in someone else's home.  For the most part it has been a good thing.  We got out of debt, only to go back into it when our unexpected budget crashers were born (love them).  We are in a great house now, but it is difficult to make it our own.  I want to work on the yard, paint rooms with colors I pick, and I would love to have a little more space between me and my neighbor's mustang that he still insists on showing off each time he starts it at 6 am.
Over the past 6 months, we have seen two homes that we felt strong enough to pursue.  The first had 5 acres, a wrap-around porch, enough room including a classroom and seemed ideal for our family.  The second home seemed even more perfect; 14 acres, 3200 sq feet, 5 bedrooms, an office, a view of rolling hills that I would have enjoyed each morning on my big front porch.  But, both ended up having foundation repairs that were going to break our budget. I can say I am having a real hard time getting over this 2nd disappointment.  I trust God, just wish I could have faith in His timing.  

1 comment:

Erica Wagner said...

Sorry to hear that! I know it stinks and seems like the only thing you can think of at times.

You have been obedient and God will provide.