Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Birthdays

Within a month and one week, 2/3 of our family celebrates a birthday, Harrison on August 7th, Landry on the 19th, Mama on September 3rd and Daddy on September 15th.  Needless to say, we usually tap out the gift budget for the year before fall even officially begins.  This year, Ben surprised me with a trip to Fredericksburg for dinner.  We had an awesome dinner at Crossroads (was a toss up between this and Sugar and Smoke).  Ben lost his wallet, but it magically appeared when he went to the car to get my IPAD!!! I was so excited, I had only told him once that I wanted one and he remembered.  That is not usually the case, guess someone had ulterior motives for "my" gift.
Ben's birthday was this past weekend and unfortunately R2's unexpected upfront medical expenses tapped the budget so Ben's gift and celebration was much more low-keyed than mine.  We spent the morning with the kids at the Texas state capital and the afternoon watching A&M and the UT games.  It is a house divided this year and I am so glad A&M moved to the SEC so I can root for #2, Johnny Manziel, the hometown boy.
Our favorite chicken restaurant opened this past weekend in Cedar Park.  We discovered Raisin' Cane's when we were on our way back from Disneyworld.  Ben picked it up for the late UT game while I put the kids to bed and we had an in-house date.

No comments: