Monday, April 16, 2012

first purchase

Over the Christmas holidays, Landry found a horse for her American Doll at Target.  It was almost $40 and since she had just received a treasure trove of gifts and toys, it was a no-go for another toy.  We told her she could start saving her money for it and that she did.  She has saved every penny she has found, every dollar from the tooth fairy, all of her allowance from her chores for the past 3 1/2 months until this past week.  For date night, she chose to go to Target (the horse was on sale for $35) and purchased her Our Generation Horse.  I am so incredibly proud of her diligence, I wish it hadn't been on a toy, but she is 6 1/2 so what can I say.  I cannot remember saving my money like that until I was in junior high (for a 10-speed bike).  I think we maybe onto something though b/c she has been so responsible with all of the pieces (of course it came with 25 accessories).

1 comment:

Cari said...

Great job, Landry! That's wonderful!