Sunday, May 16, 2010

Remember Antonio?


I told you about Antonio a few months back.  He was hoping to find some work mowing or in construction.  A couple of months ago I saw him when I was serving dinner at the ARCH and he was wearing a button-up shirt and khakis.  It almost brought me to tears.  He was in the student-work program and had been at class.  This morning, Antonio brought me his tassle and diploma, he graduated from ACC last night.  It was the most special moment to date for me to see his accomplishments.  I cannot wait to see what God has in store for him now.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

that is so awesome! thanks for sharing the story!

LorieGoggin said...

I love to hear this! It is amazing what a hand up can do to set someone back on the path to success!

mary.mimi said...

I heard of a homeless program in CA. A church had purchased a mobile kitchen and were giving the homeless a chance to "order" a meal. They said the look of joy on the faces of those, who felt respect again was awesome. Just the chance to choose something. Empowerment and worth. Like was said a HAND UP.. Thanx for being that.