Tuesday, May 18, 2010

changing our blog name

I never thought the day would come when I would have to change the name of our blog.  Well, I never thought that it would have to be done b/c we were expanding our family in this way, but surprise, and yes it is a surprise to us all, but we will be Richards Family Five this December. 
I am sorry some of you are finding out via blog, but it has not been something I have wanted to talk about.  I have had a hard time coming to reality that I will be giving birth at the age of 36.  I had big plans for this year and being nauseous, a growing belly and mood swings were not in my plan.  I can honestly say it was not until experiencing this moment yesterday, was being a mom to an infant something I was remotely interested in.  I had plans, but God's are bigger and I am trying to learn to trust again.  Knowing He knows what is best for our family and this is the way he wanted to expand our family and the time He wanted it to happen.  Once again, I am sorry I have not told more of you, or shared the experience with you, it is just something I am working through.

12 comments:

The Gumpls said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! I can not, can not believe you are expecting! I am thrilled for you and your growing family!!!!!!!!!!! You are already an amazing mother to two beautiful girls. I wonder what God has planned for you next, another girl or a boy! Either one he/she has been made perfect in His image!

Aimee J said...

wow! congrats to you all! maybe a boy this time!! do the girls know yet? are they excited?

Erica Wagner said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!

That's amazing news! (I'm secretly jealous, but don't tell Randy!!!)

Wow! Wow! Wow!!

Cari said...

Congratulations! and I completely understand. As much as I would love any child the Lord gave us, I must confess that I would shed many tears if it were to happen. You and your family are very much in our prayers, and I know that this blessing will be amazing for you all!

Jane said...

We are on the same thought today. Did you get my text earlier? I am so excited for you guys and this child will bring many blessings to the family. Tell the girls hello from Connor, he asks when they are going to come play. Keep us posted on the progress and feel free to come to the Ozarks anytime. We would love to catch up and give you all a date night or weekend. Congratulations!

Marissa said...

Yea! We are so excited! Can't wait to find out if we will have a new little niece or nephew!

JJthe1st said...

Kristi! First of all I do understand but Congradulations anyway. Hang in there girl. This will be one of the few loves of your life. Praying for you and your family. Hit Ben on the arm for me. Love yall.

Grandma Bailey said...

I am Carianne's Mom. I read your blog because it is attached to hers and you are a friend of hers. I had a hard time concieving in the first place and then when Heavenly Father decided that I was to have children it was no longer in my control. Carianne was a shock. We joke that her next two sisters came out holding the 'pill' because even though I didn't take the pill we were doing everything we could to not have our children close together. By the time we had our fourth daughter I knew that no matter what I did, God and the child were in control - not me. I would not changed the fact that all four of my daughters were born in 5 years, now. But at the time I wished I could have planned things a bit differently. I will keep you in my prayers and hopefully soon meet you face to face.

Paper Potter said...

I am really happy for you and the family to have a little "trailer" now! Rejoice in the Lord always. That God ..... you just never know what He is up to, do you?

Mike and Amber Murphy said...

So excited to have ANOTHER cousin!! Richards family is multiplying!! Love y'all

NanaTJ said...

Congrats! God is full of surprises...your girls will be awesome big sisters to your new baby! TJ

Penny said...

This baby is a blessing!
No other way to look at the situation.
Love you :0)