Sunday, February 21, 2010

homeless outreach

I know what the disciples felt like on that day when they collected 12 baskets leftover.
When we left for downtown this morning, we had no idea how many people would be there, how the toothpaste and toothbrushes would be recieved, nor how many tubes of toothpaste we actually we had. I just put it in the Lord's hands and prayed there would be enough.


Every single person recieved a toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste.


Some took 2 for family members or friends who were not there, and I came home with 6 boxes of toothpaste and toothbrushes. We also had 2 new families join us this morning who said they would be back. We gave out over 300+ sandwiches, we did run out of water today, which I always hate to have happen, but they were all fed.


It was an amazing morning, I heard new stories and I would like to share them, just have to process them for a bit.

2 comments:

JJthe1st said...

Kristi, it is always such a blessing to read your blog. These people are such a blessing to see. Instead of being faceless and nameless they become touchable and reachable. Thanks for that.

lindsay said...

HE must be the one with the "piercing blue eyes" that your mom was telling me about...