Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween 2007

Richards Family Four
Pooh and Roo - no pics together
after trick or treating LE decided she did not want to take off her Pooh reminded me of myself about this time last year
5th crying fit of the day by a Richards
The Gumpls - first trick or treat stop - LE loves her "Elatalie"!!
Connor - our only trick or treater, not really but the only person I would give candy too!
I love my kids, I do truly, unconditionally LOVE my kids!! Just have to state that before I tell this story~ will there ever be a day we can go out for a family outing and not have tears?? The day started off with errands, so Bella's nap was delayed - yes, I know this is my fault, but I do run an at-home business and I had to run errands and put money in the bank! I thought she would nap in the car - NOPE! Our errands ended early b/c Bell's crying was "too loud and Bell needed a nap." So, her 10:00 nap started at 11:15 which meant she awoke at 1:15 as I was trying to get LE to lie down. LE did not lie down, she was wide awake, so we made a 2nd trip into town to finish errands. Finish errands at 2:30 and now time for Bell's second nap and LE's first - NOPE. LE finally fell asleep 4:15, right before Ben was to get home and begin to start dressing for our night out. Bell never fell asleep. When LE finally woke up around 6:35 she was crying and did not want anything to do with putting on her Pooh costume - which she picked out- I am not torturing my kids! We finally got it on her and Bell's on too and put into the car kicking and screaming. I felt like this idiot - we are going out, we are going to have fun and you will like it or you will get a spanking - I mean I caught myself thinking this! So my question is this...Does every Mother have high hopes of how these events, these life moments are supposed to occur? Am I setting myself up every time we walk out the door? I envision so many things differently and they never turn out that way. After play date last week I decided I would never leave the house again b/c LE wanted to keep the little girl's toys and had to buckle her in in front of my friends kicking and screaming. Then pumpkin patch - crying and refusing to have anything with me or the camera, now tonight - tears once again. Maybe I am asking too much? I just want a family picture (with no red eyes) to scrap book so it looks like my kids had a fun childhood!!!!!

4 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

You have two kids! Welcome to the world of throwing fits and not getting my way! :) But, it will get easier. I promise.

And no worries about last Friday. I chuckled a bit and was reminded that I don't want anymore kids! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, kids really do sound like fun :) -Anna

Carri said...

what cute costumes! i love the little roo, that's what my dad always (and still) calls me. :)
even after a crazy day you still got some cute and memorable pictures. some days i feel like my kids are taking turns being grumpy :)

you'll have to read my post from today.

just wait until they start fighting, ugh!

kayjsmith said...

the girls look so cute!!! when i have bad days with cameron we just load up and go to the park or somewhere to go and play, it relieves some stress and we have fun on top of that.