Monday, January 05, 2015

Kenya 2015

I heard it once said, if you go to Africa, you will go back every day in your mind for the rest of your life, I can attest this is true.  Six years ago, I had the privilege of traveling to Swaziland and Mozambique to host Christmas parties for 6,000 children.  I knew I would one day return to Africa, because I needed Africa; more than she needed me.  But I knew I didn't want to go without my husband and I didn't want to go on a "mission trip".  I wanted to go serve the people of Africa.  Recently I was presented with the opportunity to travel with Trudy Marshall of Libraries of Love to Kenya.  I would be able to assist in the building of a church (and the grand opening) where a congregation has been meeting each week in the elements under a tree.  Even more dear to my heart  would be the potential of one day financing and building a school at or nearby that location.
God has clearly opened doors for Ben and I to travel to Kenya.  The past two mission trips I went on were fully funded by God; even my plane ticket being donated by a complete stranger. I recently read, "God's work, done in God's way, will never lack God's supplies."  We are believing for God to fully fund us this time also.  
If you feel to led to send us, please prayerfully consider helping us financially.   We will also be doing fundraisers in the near future.  Our trip is scheduled for the end of April into early May.

No comments: