Thursday, January 22, 2015

ice, ice, baby

One of the fundraisers we came up with for our trip was to sell Sugar Cookies shaped like the continent of Africa; one dozen for a $15 donation.  The responses quickly came in and we had orders for 25 dozen cookies. Last week, the girls and I started to make the cookies for the first order.  In three hours, I made seventeen cookies, not dozens, 17 cookies.
I called my mom and asked if I filled her car up with gas would she come help us crank out the cookies.  We started on Friday around 1:00 pm, and I iced the last heart Monday morning around 10 a.m.
Everyone had their part, including each of the kids.  R2 picked out the color purple, the kids each made plates to serve the cookies on, but there is no way I could have done it without my mom.  Her knowledge and patience and talent made the cookies.  I can cook just about anything, but baking is not my forte, it is my mom's.  Thank you, Mimi.  Love you!!

No comments: