Monday, August 20, 2012

seven

I cannot believe my baby turned seven yesterday.  I am not sure why this age was such a big deal to me, but it was a tough one to swallow.  I think it was b/c I taught first grade when I taught private school and the kids always seemed so big when they promoted to 2nd grade.  My baby girl begins 2nd grade (or she has already began if you ask her) in a few short weeks and I fight the tears every time I think about it.
She started the day by waking up to a floor full of balloons and streamers hung from her bedroom door.  Daddy made her blueberry muffins for breakfast and we all got dressed in our best outfits for a special lunch.  One of my ladies from the gym came over to sit with R2 and Harrison while we had lunch at a fancy restaurant, Cheesecake Factory.
The girls used their very best manners.  LE ordered sliders with fries and Boo had cheese pizza.  Afterwards the birthday girl picked a hot fudge sundae for dessert and Boo shared a slice of plain cheesecake with fresh strawberries with Mama and Daddy.
After lunch, we made a stop by Toys R Us for her birthday present.  Separate post coming soon.
Happy Birthday Big Girl!

No comments: