Wednesday, March 21, 2012

weekend project #2

When we owned our own house, I had the best herb garden.  I had every herb you could possibly imagine, whether I would use it or not.  Since this is our 3rd summer in this house, I told Ben I really wanted a way to get my fresh herbs back.  I was buying basil (at $2.50 pr pkg) at least every other week, I at least needed basil.  He went through my pinterest boards and found a flowering garden using pallets and we agreed to give it a shot with herbs.  As of now it is still lying on the ground so the dirt can settle, but we are going to stand it up against the fence in the next few days.
I have basil, mint, thyme, oregano, cilantro, parsley, cinnamon basil, among others.  I will post pics as soon as it is hanging along with my new veggie boxes Ben built over the weekend.
I also planted this butterfly bush in hopes to get some free caterpillars this year.

1 comment:

Mrs. Luttrell said...

What a neat idea kristi! Love the crate!