Sunday, March 18, 2012

art organized

This pile is about 4 months worth of the girl's illustrations.  It is their fave past time and I cannot even guess the amount I spend on paper.  In the past, when they were finished drawing a pic they wanted to save they put it in a blue basket in the pantry.  I would spend hours sorting through their artwork, deciding who had drawn what, punch holes, and file them into their yearly binders.  I finally got smart this past weekend and created a new process for the crafty chaos.  I replaced the basket with this paper sorter (one tray for each girl, one for pics that are for Daddy and I), put the 3 ring hole punch at their level, and finally purchased 2012's binders.  I have a binder for each year since 2009.  I have no idea if I will be able to keep all of the papers/binders, but right now it is so cool to see how their talent improves even month to month.  I can't imagine getting rid of any of their artwork.  It will be their responsibility when they go to college on an art scholarship, not mine.

No comments: