Sunday, April 05, 2009

more big news














A couple of weeks ago two friends approached me about why I did not have my own school.  Ben has been asking me for years if I would want to do something like a Mom's Day Out.  I guess I was always to chicken to take on that much responsibility.  The more I thought about it, the more I wondered why I couldn't do something like that.  I have everything from my teaching days in the garage, I have 10 years experience and a framed piece of paper on my wall that says I can.  Not to mention LE will be 4 this summer and what was I going to do with her.  I am excited to announce that I started a learning center in my living room last week.  It is only a couple of kids right now.  I have to get registered with the state to have any more, and I am going to do that next week.  
For the first day of school we did phonics, sorting, made play-dough and had lots of fun, according to one boy "it wasn't that bad, Mom."

4 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

That is awesome news! Good for you!

Carri said...

OH, i soo wish we could go to your school! i remember us joking about starting one together... :) i know you will be great!! :)

Mike and Amber Murphy said...

That is so great! What a great idea! You are so talented and have such a gift for working with children. I only wish you lived closer to us so when we have some they could go to your school! The best part for these Moms is that you won't just "babysit" or stick them in front of a TV like so many do. You'll teach! I really admire you.

kayjsmith said...

i so wished that you lived in kerrville so that cameron could go.