Sunday, December 16, 2012

Santa Steve

PawPaw Claus, Uncle Herbie, and now Santa Steve.  The kids are so blessed to know three of Santa's helpers.
I am so blessed to know Jesus' helpers, Steve and Sue.  I met them last year in my aqua class at 24.  I am not sure how we became so well acquainted, but I think it was bicycling on aqua noodles, with him telling me he was a pastor at a near by church.   When I got ready to go on maternity leave Steve was the one who messaged me on FB he needed to meet with me and then surprised me with a baby shower.  Sue, his wife had not been attending classes for a while b/c of an injury and offered to watch HR for me, so I could return to my classes early (childcare is not offered until they are 6 months old).  The first time I went to pay Sue, she refused payment and told me she loved babies and she was getting the better end of the deal.  In that time, we have become fast friends, and they have become like adopted grandparents to our kids especially the boys.  We are so appreciative of all they have done for us.  It is so hard to live in a town without any family, but the Lord has blessed us so greatly by Steve and Sue, Miss Kathi and Miss Sharon this year to help any time we have needed them.  We love all four of you.

No comments: