Wednesday, December 26, 2012

homemade C-mas: marshmallow shooters

This Christmas I tried to go as homemade as I could with our gifts.  One, our birthday gift budget cut into our C-mas budget this year with all of the parties my socialites were invited too.  Two, with the addition of pinterest into our lives I was feeling more domesticated and three, the hustle and bustle of Christmas has my stomach turning this year and I just wanted it to mean more.  I hope everyone enjoyed their gifts b/c they are things I would have enjoyed.
First up on the list were the kids' gifts.  We made marshmallow shooters for the cousins.  Pink for the girls and blue for the boys.  Ben and I enjoyed them so much after we made them for our nephews, we knew we had to make them for the girls too.  So, our kiddos and the nieces got one too.
For a ten feet piece of 1/2" PVC pipe was $1.68, and we could get 4 guns out of a pipe.  The stoppers were 38 cents each and each gun needed two.  The T-connectors and the L-connectors came in packages of ten each and they were $2.58.  Can of spray paint was $3.58.  So for $2.40 a piece we made each kiddo a gun, add in a package of $1.50 miniature marshmallows and instant fun!

To make your own gun, you will first need to cut your PVC into 6 equal pieces of four inches and then one six inch section.  The six inch section is for the barrel of the gun.  Add your connectors according to the picture, load your mini marshmallow and AIM.  Happy Shooting.

No comments: