Thursday, June 05, 2014

LaSt DAy of SchOOl

Today is the last day of the 2013-14 school year.  The girls received books from their wish lists to kick off their summer reading programs.  Boo got a Frankly Frannie chapter book and LE got Welcome to Kaya's World.  Both girls also got a surprise Lindsay picked out, Boo got Molly's puppies Yank and Bennett, LE got Licorice the AG kitten.  R2 got a pkg of water balloons.
Once a week I write a prompt for them in their journals, and then the other days they write about anything they want.  Yesterday, I wrote in their journals, Today is the last day of school. I am...  Both girls thought is was a mistake that I had written it weeks ago.  It took some convincing that we were taking a break.  Both girls were at a good stopping point in math.  LE had finish everything else and Boo started two language books later in the year b/c she finished her other books so quickly.
I'm not sure who is more excited, the teacher or the students.

No comments: