Tuesday, May 06, 2014

last zoo hoorah

This past week our zoo membership expired, and it was our off week from school so we invited a few of our friends to join us for a zoo play date.  (I left the big camera and HR at home this time).
I don't recommend going late in the day.  I called the zoo office and asked if we were in the park at closing time if we could still walk around and see the animals, but by 4:30 the zookeepers began locking exhibits and putting the animals in for the evening.  We went later b/c my friend and I were killing two stones that day by attending the Waco used curriculum sale that evening.  We made a stop at Chick-Fil-A and then hit the sale.  I struck out this year at the sale, but LE found a set of  Little House Chapter books to complete her collection, an AG Samantha Christmas craft book and a Calico Critters nursery school set.  It was still a nice day to get out with friends.  We will do the zoo membership again, it was worth the expensive for a family of six.  We went more this year b/c we had the passes and we were able to share extra tickets with friends.

No comments: